These California Disclosures are specifically intended for California residents who are a prospective or customer of Shoe Station. Shoe Station reserves the right to update this policy.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
California residents have certain additional rights regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information:
- You may request a copy of the following:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling (if applicable) the Personal Information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information; and
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
To request a copy of Personal Information we have collected about you, or to request that the your information be deleted, please submit your request here at our Customer Service email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting us at this toll free number 833-383-SOLE (7653). You may authorize another person (your “agent”) to submit a request on your behalf the same way. Shortly after you (or your agent) submit a request, we will contact you (via email at the email address provided during submission of your request) with instructions on how to verify the request before we fulfill it. We will aim to complete your requests as soon as reasonably practicable and consistent with any applicable laws. Please note that by submitting a deletion request, you are not requesting to close your loyalty or customer account (if you have one).
If you are a job applicant submitting personal information to Shoe Station in connection with an application for employment, you will receive a privacy notice regarding such information as part of the application process.
California Privacy Rights - Direct Marketing
You have the right to request information from Shoe Station regarding the manner in which Shoe Station shares certain categories of your personal information with third parties, for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. California Civil Code § 1798.83 provides you with the right to submit a request to Shoe Station at its designated address and receive the following information:
- The categories of personal information Shoe Station disclosed to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year;
- The names and addresses of third parties that received such information; and
- If the nature of a third party's business cannot be reasonably determined from the third party's name, examples of the products or services marketed.
You are entitled to receive a copy of this information in a standardized format and the information will not be specific to you individually. Please email these requests to email@example.com
INFORMATION SHOE STATION COLLECTS AND HOW WE USE IT
“Personal information” means information that identifies, relates to, or describes, directly or indirectly, a particular individual, such as: name, address, email address, or phone number.
We collect the following categories of personal information through shoestation.com, our stores, customer service and otherwise, and use it for typical business management, operational and commercial purposes (including to defend and protect us and others from harm or legal claims, and as required by applicable law) and as described more specifically below:
- Personal identifiers. We receive personal identifiers (such as your name, phone number, email address, billing address, shipping address, password, device ids, and IP address), personal identifiers of others (such as an order recipient’s name and address) and use them to respond to requests, fulfill and deliver orders for merchandise and services, process returns or exchanges, contact you or others about an order or delivery, facilitate surveys, promotions, sweepstakes, and contests, manage accounts and preferences, facilitate rewards programs and accounts and to communicate with you for marketing and informational purposes. We will also create a Shoe Station Rewards Number when you sign up to be a member so we can identify you. We may also receive your driver’s license number when you make product returns, which we use for fraud prevention and to meet legal obligations.
- Message and product review content. We collect the messages you submit through contact, sign-up, surveys, purchase and product review forms on Shoe Station.com, such as customer service requests, messages to delivery recipients and delivery instructions. We use this information to respond to and fulfill your requests, better understand your needs and preferences, enhance and personalize our product offerings to you and improve Shoe Station.com and our service and merchandise offerings.
- Audio and visual information. We receive any digital photos you submit through Shoe Station.com and post this information to public areas of Shoe Station.com at your direction. To help protect you and others, we monitor and record video and take photographs of the public areas of stores for security, fraud, loss prevention, incident reporting and other operational purposes. We may record customer service telephone calls for quality purposes and to meet our legal obligations.
- Financial information. We receive financial information (such as payment card and bank account information) to process payments for merchandise and services you purchase on Shoe Station.com.
- Commercial transaction information. We collect and generate commercial transaction information (such as records of merchandise and services purchased) when you make purchases on Shoestation.com. We use this information to deliver and fulfill your orders, process your returns or exchanges, improve our service and merchandise offerings, tailor our marketing efforts and administer accounts, and for internal operations and reporting purposes.
- Personal characteristics. We receive personal characteristics (such as your birth date and birth dates of others, footwear size information, and locale) when you provide the information to us. We use the birth date information to personalize offers and gifts. We use footwear size information to provide you with the products you order and save your preferences.
- Inferences from the information listed above. Shoe Station will use the information listed above to draw inferences about your preferences (such as your preferred brands and styles) to help us provide you with personalized content and offers and help us develop and provide better merchandise and services.
In addition, we and our third-party partners, such as advertising networks, social media widgets, and analytics providers, may automatically collect other categories of personal information using cookies and similar technology when you use Shoestation.com, our emails, and in-store wi-fi services available near or in our stores. We use this information to provide and improve our website and order processing, for anti-fraud purposes, to tailor your experience on shoestation.com and our marketing efforts, to provide our in-store wi-fi services and to create aggregate internal reports on website usage and activity, such as views of certain merchandise. These additional categories may consist of:
- Online identifiers. Shoe Station may collect your IP address and other device and online identifiers when you use Shoestation.com.
- Geo-Location Information. We use location information to enhance and personalize the features and functionality of Shoe Station.com and merchandise and service offerings.
- Website activity information. Shoe Station may monitor and collect Shoe Station website activity information and device information, such as website clicks, content and page views, the website each visitor visited prior to our website, domain type, browser version, and internet service provider.
- Inferences from the information listed above. Shoe Station will use the information listed above to draw inferences about your shopping preferences (such as your preferred brands and styles) to help us provide you with personalized content and offers and help us develop and provide better merchandise and services.